Updated: May 15, 2020
This week I want to try and focus on simple recipes that everyone can make at home with dry store bought pasta.
Why use store bought pasta? Because life. We all have work, responsibilities and desires to do things other than knead. That doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy a fresh and authentic plate of pasta.
I adore puttanesca as it manages to convey its dirty name in its flavours. It’s all good stuff, but it just feels so sleazy and wonderful. This is a meal you cook when your parents are looking the other way!
Recommended Pasta: Spaghetti
100g Gaeta or Black unseeded Olives
1tsp Miso Paste (optional)
240g Chopped Tomatoes
2 Cloves of Garlic
2 Dried Chilli Peppers
Handful of Chopped Parsley
- Skin the garlic and cut off the top and tail but keep it whole. Chop up the chilli and capers.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the garlic and chopped chilli, when your garlic starts to brown add your capers.
- Fry for one minute then add your miso and melt it in with the oil.
- Once it has broken down add your chopped tomatoes and cook for 10-15 minutes. Your sauce should darken and reduce.
- Meanwhile, break your olives slightly with the back of a fork.
- Once your sauce is ready, remove the garlic cloves, add the olives and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce to your cooked pasta and cover with the chopped parsley.